FI
4.1

4.1
Marci Kobayashi
Posted on Jun 18, 2022
Wish I could transport these pancakes back in time!

I grew up allergic to wheat in the 70s before "gluten-free" was a household term. My 5-year-old self would have loved these! Following the recipe on the back of the box, I could only get 19 from the full package. However, using a measuring spoon (the box suggests 2TB for each pancake) did create perfect 4-inch pancakes. The free-range eggs we get are relatively small, so I might try using 5 eggs next time, which should give me an extra pancake or two! Also, next time, I won't add vanilla because chestnuts have a natural sweetness that is good enough for me. Because they are so small, I didn't expect we would have leftovers. My husband and I were both surprised by how filling they were. Granted, we are in our 50s and 60s! Fortunately, the leftovers are great the next day for mini-sandwiches.

2c7cc8ef-b21f-4389-a4a5-ac710dfce683
f2bc22c3-b64a-4874-8f8b-ae4ba482a30a

I've eaten like ten boxes of these with my kids, now I'm sick of them and have begun noting an annoying aftertaste, but at first I loved them. They are the closest you can get to regular pancakes without flour. Make sure to use a really hot nonstick pan and spread them thin thin thin.

Posted on Oct 12, 2022

Good taste, good and not so common but nutritious ingredients. I do add more kefir/milk than is in the instructions so you need to play around with that a bit. I usually do with this mix and others the same amount of kefir as flour, changing that ratio a bit depending on the type of flour.

Posted on Sep 1, 2022

I really like this product not as pancake but cake mix, I followed the instructions on the box but didn’t enjoy it Bc it doesn’t have the fluffy texture that pancake should have. Then I tried to make Tuscan Chestnut Cake (Castagnaccio) with this since I can’t find any pure chestnut flour in my country, it turns out so well and tastes the best when you leave it for 4-5 days. It’s a bit expensive but will purchase it again!

Posted on Aug 28, 2022

Another great product from Simple Mills. I love that it uses chestnut flour instead of the usual almond or coconut flours that gluten free packet mixes tend to use. Be aware that it won't make light fluffy pancakes - these are definitely a heavier/denser pancake but oh so filling. My husband finds the nutty taste to be a bit too much but I love it.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022

Awesome product when you don't have time to make healthy pancakes from scratch. The ingredients are simple, and the contents are easy to use for a quick breakfast that tastes good. The packaging isn't as big as a typical pancake mix, but that's true for most products that are good fro gluten and dairy free diets.

Posted on Jul 24, 2022

My wife bought this, and when she made them, I was pleasantly surprised at how good they tasted. My experience with other, so-called, healthy pancakes, was not good; they tasted like cardboard, and drove me back to the standard issue pancake mix. This one is a winner; although a tad pricey for 10 oz. Maybe you can work on that.

Posted on Feb 11, 2022

Very pleased with the ingredients. This came better as a waffle, but I did not use eggs. I used flax egg instead of a real egg as we have an allergy; and it worked! The price is a bit steep for the small amount that the box actually makes, but I am happy to have found this item!

Posted on Jan 14, 2023

These are really interesting, they taste great without sugar so you could even make into savoury pancakes if you wanted. I enjoyed the use of chestnut flour, it gave a slightly tangy flavour.

Posted on Dec 6, 2022

I love the taste of this pancake mix. I order it every other month to make pancakes for my partner. It’s perfect size for two people. The ingredients are great for people that are trying to try something new ☺️!